Saturday 30 December 2017

Clean and Not so Simple

Hello fellow inkers!

I've got a couple of different cards to show today - one for the Creative Construction with Blueprints Challenge over at My Favorite Things and the other for Less is More:




MFT's challenge is to use Blueprints featuring stars,  so I've used a couple of different sets - the frame is from Blueprints 27 and the glittery stars are from Blueprints 24.  I inked up a Color Burst background and added one of the sweet little astronauts from Space Explorer, colored in with Copics.






The sketch over at Less is More proved to be a lot more difficult to play with for my second card. It's clean but I'm not sure it was at all simple! Firstly, I chose the most difficult set of stamps to play with in my stash  - Painted Flowers by Altenew. I do love this set but every time I use it I struggle to create something I like.  So in the end I stamped a heap of random blooms and then covered half of them with the die cut circles. First the circles were too large, then the card looked too large so I cut it down,  then I made smaller circles....the creative drama continued until I produced something I was vaguely happy with!

Funny how the clean and simple challenges always give me the most grief! 

Hope you get time to get inky this New Years!

Thanks for popping by,

Claire x

6 comments:

  1. I love this altenew blooms set Claire and it's such a pretty and elegant card making great use of our 2-week sketch challenge. Perfect, crisp stamping and thanks for playing along at Less is More this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two gorgeous and totally different cards! Beautiful background behind that cute little astronaut and your flowers turned out wonderfully, despite the grief they gave you! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little spaceman is such a cutie against the awesome galaxy background, Claire ... and those blooms are just so pretty ... they were so worth the hassle! Happy New Year ... Bonne Année 2018! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We never know what grief card makers go through by looking at their wonderful cards, Claire. It's good to know we all have that in common and your results are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you didn't give up on your card because the end result looks absolutely smashing! I love your stamping with these Altenew stamps, one could never tell you struggled! A really beautiful card. Happy New Year and thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it funny how different eyes see things so differently. I LOVE your floral card. The Altenew flowers stamped in close clusters look fabulous, I love how this sketch card turned out.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!